Home » Forum » Tastybrew shutting down Register | Login
Subject: Tastybrew shutting down
Author: rob
Apr 2nd, 2018
9:44 pm
Hi all,

It's been a long time coming but I've decided to shut down the Tastybrew website in the near future. I've been thinking about it off and on over the recent years and kept thinking I might have a burst of energy to revamp it or turn it into just a calculator or something of the sorts, but those bursts never came. I recently sold my brewing equipment and have no plans to brew any longer so I think the passion for brewing has morphed into different passions. So it's time to retire the site.

I do appreciate all the support and feedback over the years. It's been a great experience and a lot of fun to see the website grow (and fizzle) over the years. But these days there are much better forums and recipe calculators out there.

If you have any recipes or other content you'd like saved, copy it now. I plan to pull the plug at the end of April.

Cheers!
-Rob
Subject: Re: Tastybrew shutting down
Author: greg
Apr 3rd, 2018
4:59 pm
Rob,

I appreciate the valuable information that has been provided here on Tastybrew over the years. This was the first brewing site I ever joined and it is where I went from a beginner brewer back in the early 2000's to an advanced, all grain brewer years later.

I'm nearing the same situation you are currently in with your brewing hobby. After many years of brewing I find myself questioning whether or not I'll continue brewing or just sell everything and move forward with my other hobbies and interests. I wish you well and thank you for the great experience here on the forum. I've learned a lot during my stay here. Best of luck to you!
Author: DConn
Apr 4th, 2018
3:57 pm
Good decision, Rob. Thanks for everything.
Author: ogrebrew
Apr 6th, 2018
4:15 am
Thank you Rob for the forum. I found it when I got started homebrewing. It seemed to fit my style better tahn some of the other boards that are out there and I learned a lot form the community here. I even met some pretty cool people via this. I am sorry to see it go, but everything has it's time! Cheers!

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.