Home » Forum » Grape Jelly Register | Login
Subject: Grape Jelly
Author: Deano1602
Feb 18th, 2017
8:00 pm
Anyone ever use grape jelly in a peanut butter ale? Looking for suggestions on when and how to add. Thanks in advance for any help.
Subject: Re: Grape Jelly
Author: DConn
Feb 20th, 2017
5:01 pm
I'd rack to secondary and add it there.
Author: redbrew
Feb 20th, 2017
7:57 pm
Not for nothing, but what is the exact flavor you are looking for? The peanut butter and grape flavor? I hate grape jelly but if I was to do this, why not use a grape or strawberry puree of some kind. Most jellies have a lot of additives and pectins added.
Feb 21st, 2017
1:31 pm
Last month i was at Elk Brewing in Grand Rapids and they had a PB&J ale that was really good. The brew master wasn't there but i was told that they used concord grape jelly in it. It was a red ale so I'm looking to experiment with my red ale and see what happens.
Author: hts
Mar 9th, 2017
8:48 pm
That does kinda sound good to me though! How could it be bad?
Author: jtrainer
May 6th, 2017
7:25 pm
My son ordered a PBnJelly Burger at Slaters 50/50 (San Diego, CA), with a side of vanilla ice cream.... what a wonderful treat.

So Jelly in the beer, jelly on a burger... what's next, Jelly on smoked lobster?
May 6th, 2017
8:44 pm
The PB & J red ale turned out great! Next time I'm going to add more jelly because the flavor from it was very light.

« Back to Forum Index

Add a Reply

You are not logged in

Please login, or if you are not currently a member of Tastybrew.com, consider registering.